The information found in the following post may contain affiliate links. View our full disclosure here.
Pier 1 Glimmer Strings Frugal Dupe
Last Christmas I was intrigued by the Glimmer Strings Battery Powered LED Light strands that I saw at Pier 1. But, at $12.95 for the shortest strand, Glimmer Strings didn’t fit into my decorating budget.
Luckily, I found a frugal dupe….
These battery-powered light strings are studded with super tiny LEDs that are just a bit larger than a grain of rice and strung on a silver or copper thin wire that allows you to shape and position the LEDS to your liking. They are perfect for decorating with LED light without have to worry about where to hide the cord. Truly beautiful to decorate centerpieces, frame a mirror, or even just placed or wound around a pretty glass vase.
But I didn’t pay $12.95 per sting. I found these on eBay for just $3.72 shipped! I ended up buying 5 strands. I prefer warm white, but they are available in many different colors for all your decorating needs. Shipping from Hong Kong/China takes about 20 days, so order ahead and be prepared for when you feel inspired.
These light strands require 4 AA batteries and the ones I purchased will last for about a week when used continuously (I love them so much I invested in rechargeable batteries)
Usually, string lights would be stored with the other holiday decorations, but this year these are in my craft closet for whenever I think a little light will create a bit of magic
If you like this deal, see the most recent deals we’ve found here!
- Offer/Prices are subject to change and was current as of original post on 2/24/15 at 10:15 pm.
- All Those Things I Love does not provide/sell products or fulfill samples/subscriptions.
- All Those Things I Love is not a participant or sponsor in any contest/giveaway unless stated in official rules
- Registered trademarks or product images are property of their respective owners.
- Note regarding Amazon Subscribe & Save deals – Please be aware that subsequent shipments may be priced higher than initial order. You may cancel at any time by logging into your Amazon Subscribe & Save Account.