The information found in the following post may contain affiliate links. View our full disclosure here.
Low Carb Fried Cheesy Zucchini
My husband likes to minimize his carbs, but we share a love of fried zucchini. He came up with this recipe and it’s a favorite when we’re watching sporting events or just a Friday night when we don’t feel like going out. He usually serves it as an appetizer before spicy chicken wings.
First, slice the zucchini into spears, cutting the entire length of the vegetable. Then, cut the long spears in half. I like to get the spears as thin as possible – so that the zucchini sticks maximize their value as a fried cheese delivery system!
Next, lightly beat 2 eggs (for the egg wash).
Heat about a half an inch of oil in a small sauce pan. (A sauce pan is recommended to minimize splatters.)
Working in batches of about 6-8 zucchini spears, toss them in the egg mixture, then dredge them in the parmesan mixture to coat.
Gently place the coated spears into the oil and cook for about a minute on each side.
Drain on paper towels, and serve with your favorite dip. When I come up with a low carb dip, I’ll post that, too! (Until then, all-American Ranch Dressing will do!)
If you like this deal, see the most recent deals we’ve found here!
- Offer/Prices are subject to change and was current as of original post on 1/26/15 at 11:15 am.
- All Those Things I Love does not provide/sell products or fulfill samples/subscriptions.
- All Those Things I Love is not a participant or sponsor in any contest/giveaway unless stated in official rules
- Registered trademarks or product images are property of their respective owners.
- Note regarding Amazon Subscribe & Save deals – Please be aware that subsequent shipments may be priced higher than initial order. You may cancel at any time by logging into your Amazon Subscribe & Save Account.