Another week has passed and we are that much closer to the Holidays. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary by test driving cars followed by dinner at Lucille’s! Who says romance is dead?
We (and by we, I mean my husband) continue the remodel of our master bedroom — finally we are in the home stretch. All that’s needed now is baseboards, mouldings, new closet doors, and installation of the hardwood floors. We should be done by the new year!
Here are some of those things I loved this week….
1. This Dog Shaming video takes it to the next level – oh em gee – the penguins!
2. Josh Grobin singing Kanye West tweets – inspired.
3. Jon Hamm — you have succeeded with your unrelenting seduction (but you knew you would, that’s how you do.) … at least for a test drive. Now, to convince my husband.
4. Awesome dollar store Halloween Party ideas
5. 2 awesome fabric stores in Orange County. Dorell is a warehouse full of upholstery fabric and everything is under $19.99/yd.
6. The most inspiring thing I saw this week was the Jon Stewart interview with Malala Yousafzai. Her autobiography, I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban is currently the #1 Best Seller in Teen Books on Amazon.
Things I didn’t love so much …
1. The Foster Farms Chicken Salmonella Advisory and Foster Farms refusal to recall the product. It was good to hear that some grocery chains had removed Foster Farms Chicken from their stores until the situation has been taken care of.
2. The Government Shutdown – personally, I have not felt the effects (other than possibly tainted chicken in my freezer), but it worries me. And I have experienced being on furlough and still expected to work.
3. Kanye West. – if anyone needs some anti-anxiety meds, it’s this guy. And the fact he’s with Kim Kardashian is even more perfect. He wants to change the world by making it more fashionable? I think he needs to chat with Malala.
And how was your week?